“The path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day” (Proverbs 4:8)
This is the season of graduations and promotions. Many young people are facing their graduations from high school and college as are many middle school students being promoted to high school. However, every day many of the righteous are graduating to their eternal abode.
Unlike graduation from one level of schooling to the next which is based upon performance the graduation day to Heaven is based upon the merits of Another. There is, to be sure the Scriptural doctrine of the perseverance of the saints but without the merits of Christ there would be no perseverance of the saints.
This post (DV) will be focused upon the graduates from one grade to another and on the graduates that will graduate from college to the rest of their lives. We would like to take some of the life lessons we have gleaned as well as wisdom from the Word of God. We will use a list format to make it easier to reference.
- God knows what you do not. He knows the why and the how of all things. This should bring peace that passes all understanding; God knows how you feel at all times for God became man as is able to identify. These truths will grant you hope, maintain and grow your hope.
- Be thankful…Be thankful…Be thankful…never cease being thankful. Be thankful in all things and for all things. Nothing will dry up the blessings of God quicker than an unthankful spirit nor is there a quicker way to the life of sin for a believer than the unthankful spirit.
- Acknowledge Him in all thy ways and for all He does.
- Use perspective.
- Do not fall for the world’s deceptions. -Learn the difference between an acquaintance and a friend. -Do not fall for the work place lie, “We’re family here,” – You will never find solace in the world. – You will not find love in the world. – You must not befriend the world as friendship with the world is enmity with God.
- Pray…pray…pray….pray ceaselessly, continuously, continually, in faith and without doubt. Pray…pray…pray…pray………….
- All gifts are from God and they are good and perfect. God’s gifts are without recall.
- Love God above all else and everyone else…no exceptions…none.
- You will always have a home with family and your church.
- God expects your love, your obedience, your faith(fulness). The world will challenge these on a daily basis if not moment by moment.
- Do not forsake your parents instructions.
- Do not talk too much. -Be slow to speak as this will provide you time to think. -Others will be more likely to pay attention to your words. -This will save you a lot of unnecessary trouble. -Christ said a man is justified or condemned by his words. -Even a fool is thought wise when he keeps his tongue.
- Never forsake the Word of God.
- There is the school you have experienced and the school of hard knocks and the school of Christ. Know the difference.
- There is no such thing as a grown up. We are always learning new things and are always growing thereby.
- Learn the difference between an acquaintance and a friend. Knowing this difference will save you a lot of trouble and heart ache.
- Always let your Christianity be known up front.
- Seek ye first the kingdom of God, that is to say, God’s sovereign rule over all things in your life, and He will provide all things that are needed.
- Do right.
We trust these truths will be of aid to you in all of your future endevours. May God add His blessing to these words.